Sunday 6 October 2013

Runners Runners and more Runners!!!

Been so busy the last couple of weeks trying to get these all finished.  With Christmas just around the corner, I really needed to get some more of the runners done.  They are a real big seller for me at that time of year and I wanted to make sure I have enough. 

There still are a few more on the go but I'm just sewn out right now and with battling the flu, I really need a rest.



This one is for Ruth my long armer to match her snowman quilt I pieced for her a while back.  This was made with the left over fabrics from that and it turned out quite nice.  I hope she likes it.





I love this one.  It's a super large Dresden but it's it a bit large for my table.  I do have a smaller one that I will do for myself.


Here are the other Christmas ones.  The Star Runner matched my Christmas Star quilt.  It was actually made with leftover blocks from the quilt





This purple one is gorgeous.  It's made with batiks and the colours are scrumptious!  I didn't quilt on the batiks because I figured the fabric was beautiful enough. I did some quilting on the centre square.  It really needed something and then extended it through the black diamonds and continued on the border.  It is sold already but I do have another ready to quilt now.



So this is what I have been up to the last few weeks and still have a lot more to go yet.  I am really itching to start another quilt but it will have to wait.  Rag quilts are on the agenda now for the nephews for Christmas.  Once they are done then I'm free to go crazy on another project.....yippee!!!

Have a great day and thanks for stopping by.....

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you have added all your current projects to your blog. Everything is so beautiful and so inspiring to look at! I want to make a runner like your purple/black one. In my head I call this one Almost Amish because of the use of the black to make the colors pop. You've done a great job on everything. I also really like the large Dresden topper!!

    ReplyDelete